Compatible with iOS devices
Announcing the all-new iAudioInterface2. Designed from the ground up to work with all of the current Apple iOS products, iAI2 is the perfect companion to AudioTools, and the perfect stereo audio interface for all your iOS apps.
Digital audio link to iOS device for lowest noise, and best quality. Uses S6D own A/D converters and DAC with precision USB audio clock recovery.
Internal li-ion battery, draws no power from your device.
When charging with the included universal power external adapter, also charges your attached iOS device, including iPad.
Charge time 2-3 hours. Run time 3-5 hours depending on usage.
Lightning connection for iOS
iAudioInterface2 comes with the latest generation Lightning connector cable.
USB connection for your PC or Android device
The iAudioInterface2 device also comes with a USB cable and can be used with computers (including Windows PC and Apple Mac) and other devices such as Android smartphones and tablets at sample rates up to 48kHz / 24bit.
Microphone or Line in
- 48V Phantom-powered XLR microphone input, with up to 50dB of gain
- Balanced line input for transfer function measurements
- Balanced line output for signal generation
- Monitoring through headphones with level control
Digital audio out (Optical)
Toslink digital audio output, mirrors line out at full level, also supports Dolby Digital 5.1 AC3 and DTS ES 6.1 test signals (optional in AudioTools)
- iAudioInterface2 device
- Lightning connector cable
- USB-A connector cable
- Power supply
- User manual
- Standard XLR microphone connector.
- Switchable 48V phantom power available that meets all specs for voltage and current.
- Input gain 0dB to +50dB in 9 preset gain stages, set from within AudioTools.
- Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) @+50dB gain -112dBu A-weighted.
- Microphone appears to iOS app as left input channel.
- Input impedance 20k Ohms.
- Input THD < 0.005% at 1kHz, -1dBFS, battery powered.
- Frequency response -0.3/+0.0 20-20kHz.
Digital Audio Output
- Optical Toslink PCM digital audio output, sample rate 32k/44.1k/48k, set from iOS device. 16-bit (current iOS maximum).
- Fully balanced 1/4" TRS line input, appears to iOS app as the right input channel.
- May be switched to a stereo unbalanced input.
- Input Impedance 40k Ohms balanced, 20k Ohms unbalanced.
- THD < 0.005 % @ 1kHz, -1dBFS, battery powered.
- Three gain ranges, selected from AudioTools:
- -80dBU to -10dBu
- -60dBu to +15dBu
- -40dBu to +40dBu
- Fully balanced 1/4" TRS mono line output.
- Maximum output level +12dBu
- THD < 0.010% @1kHz, -1dBFS, battery powered.
- Output may be switched to stereo, suitable to drive 32 Ohm headphones.
Power supply includes plug socket compatible with:
- UK (Type G)
- EU (Type C)
- USA (Type A)
- Australia (Type I)
Model SD2008L works with Lightning iOS devices using the included Lightning interconnect cable:
- iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, and 6 Plus
- iPad 4th generation, iPad Air, iPad Air 2
- iPad Mini and iPad Mini Retina
- iPod touch 5th generation
Works with these devices using the included USB interconnect cable:
- Mac Computers
- PC Computers
ADC and D/A Converters
For dock-connector digital audio, the iOS device sets the sample rate and bit depth of the signal. Currently Apple supports 32kHz, 44.1kHz, and 48kHz sample rates, all at a bit depth of 16 bits.
iAI2 uses Wolfson stereo codec with a 24-bit multi-bit sigma delta ADC and switched capacitor multi-bit sigma delta DACs, which operates at an oversampling rate of 128fs for both ADC and DAC.